Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Original Altec Lansing driver diaphragms ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member nelsondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2008
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Original Altec Lansing driver diaphragms ?

    How can I identify if the diaphragms in my 806A drivers are original Altec or not?
    I saw somewhere once where actual photos showed how to but can't remember where...
    I want to make sure before offering my for trade.
    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Original Altec Lansing driver diaphragms ?

    Any Altec 'fram should bear a 6-digit number starting with 391.

    To tell if your Altec 'fram is actually the original that was factory installed isn't possible though. Part numbers and date codes can tell if it's the right one, just not if it's the one.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.